If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you have likely experienced – and continue to experience – considerable losses but may not have any idea how best to proceed. While you may believe that allowing the insurance company to do its job is your best option, this simply is not always the case. An experienced personal injury attorney will help you evaluate your case and obtain the compensation to which you are entitled and that you need to make your fullest recovery.
If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in a traffic accident, a slip and fall accident, an accident caused by a defective product, or any other kind of accident, your damages can be considerable, including:
- Medical Expenses – Your medical costs can range from emergency care and transportation to surgery, aftercare, treatment from doctors and specialists, physical therapy, prescription medications, and much more.
- Lost Wages – A serious injury can lead to a serious loss of work and wages. Further, if your injury leads to on-going health issues, you could experience diminished earning capacity into the future, and the course of your career could even be altered.
- Pain and Suffering – The physical and emotional pain and suffering associated with a serious injury can be immense. Dealing with the aftereffects of a serious injury that was caused by someone else’s negligence can be especially difficult, and the associated damages should not be ignored.
Every personal injury case is completely unique to its own set of circumstances, and yours should be evaluated from every angle to help ensure that your damages are covered in their entirety.
Protecting Your Claim
You have been injured by someone else’s negligence, but in order to obtain the compensation you deserve, you need to bring your strongest case. Toward this end, there are things you can do to help protect your case, including:
- Seek the medical care and treatment you need and follow your doctor’s recommendations carefully. If you do not take your injuries as seriously as you should, it provides the insurance company with a reason to follow suit and attempt to whittle down the amount associated with your damages.
- Refrain from posting on your social media accounts. The fact is that the insurance company involved in your case is looking for reasons to minimize its payout to you, and they are adept at using the information that is readily available online to do just that. For example, that innocent picture you posted of yourself beachside could be used to demonstrate that you are not all that injured and that your life has not been adversely affected in any serious way. Taking a break from social media is a great idea right now.
It Is Time to Consult with an Experienced Attorney
Discuss your personal injury claim with attorney Brett Pritchard at The Law Office of Brett H. Pritchard in Killeen, Texas. Mr. Pritchard is a formidable personal injury attorney with extensive experience helping clients like you successfully recover on their losses – in their entirety. Your case matters, so please do not hesitate to contact or call us at 254-501-4040 for more information today.