If another driver’s negligence leaves you injured in a car accident, the last thing you may want to consider is hiring a lawyer and fighting for your rights. You and the other driver have car insurance for a reason, after all. The fact is, however, that if you have suffered significant damages in the course of the accident, you are unlikely to recover on those damages in their entirety without legal representation. Not only can an experienced personal injury attorney better help you obtain the compensation to which you are entitled but can also help make the entire process less burdensome for you.
Car Accidents in Texas
Car accidents are very common throughout the beautiful State of Texas. The Texas Department of Transportation reports several significant related statistics from 2017:
- There were no days in which no one was killed on a Texas roadway.
- 533 people were killed in head-on collisions.
- There were more than 14,000 crashes that resulted in serious injuries.
- Every 2 hours and 21 minutes, a person was killed on our roadways.
- Every 2 minutes and 4 seconds, a person was injured on our roadways.
The Insurance Company
If you have been injured by another driver’s negligence, you will likely be compensated for your damages by the other driver’s insurance company. It is important to recognize, however, that massive insurance companies are in business to make money, and this often involves minimizing payouts in whatever manner they can get away with. Further, after being injured in a car crash is not a great time to take on an insurance company with immense resources behind it. An experienced and knowledgeable personal injury attorney will skillfully negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to help ensure that your rights are well protected throughout the process.
Your Personal Injury Attorney
Car accident cases are generally quite complicated. While you tend to the critical task of regaining your health, your skilled personal injury attorney will tackle every critical element of your case, including:
- Helping to ensure that you have the resources to obtain the medical care you need
- Calculating your losses in their entirety and fighting for your full compensation
- Investigating the wreck and gathering all pertinent evidence (including eyewitness testimony)
- Cutting through the red tape and keeping the process moving forward
- Litigating the case if an adequate settlement cannot be reached